There are few Yoga poses which keeps your bones strong and healthy. Yoga helps in curing many diseases and promotes and also stimulates many processes. It also helps in keeping the mind calm and cool.
If our bones are strong it balances our body and helps us to maintain the correct posture. Most of us think that weak bones are the problem for growing in age. But the truth is poor diet habit, not doing physical exercise, doing medications, smoking a lot are the few common problems.
However, here in this article, we will show you Yoga poses which helps you to get strong bones. There are also few poses which help you to lose your belly fat. Let us see the Yoga Poses.
Best Yoga Poses to Strengthen Your Bones
1. Extended Triangle Pose (Trikonasana):
One of the easiest poses to do is Trikonasana and it has lots of benefits. Extended Triangle Pose helps in increasing spine flexibility and gets relief in gastritis. Trikonasana helps is stretching the whole body while helping strengthen the lower body.
2. Tree Pose (Vrksasana)
Tree Pose encourages the spine, hip bones, pelvic bones and the shoulder bones. This pose helps the people who are suffering from spine deformities, rheumatoid arthritis and whose leg and shoulders are weak. Vrksasana supports for better balance as it strengthens the bones and arches of the feet.
How To Do This Pose?
- Put both of your feet together and stand upright.Keep your arms at your sides.
- Bend your left knee and hold your left ankle with both hands. Raise your foot and place the sole of your foot firm and flat.
- Keep your right leg straight and balance yourself. Slowly keep your hands together in salutation near your heart.
- Be in this position for 30 to 60 seconds and concentrate on the point 4 to 5 feet away from you.
- Breathe out slowly and return your hands to your sides, Lower your right left side to the starting position.
- Repeat this process with your right leg.
3. Bridge Pose (Setu Bandha Sarvangasana)
Bridge Pose is therapeutic for osteoporosis and it helps in stretching the back, neck, and chest. If you want best results then be in the same position for one minute and stretch the spine and chest.
ALSO READ: Natural And Home Remedies for Anxiety
4. Seated Twisting Pose (Ardha Matsyendrāsana)
For getting healthy bones Ardha Matsyendrasana pose is the best one. It puts pressure on the spine and helps in stimulating the bone production. It helps in relaxing the back and neck and helps in promoting bone health. The twist helps in stretching the back and put pressure on the vertebrae.
5. Revolved Triangle Pose (Parivrtta Trikonasana):
If you want your bones strong then this Yoga pose is best one. This pose helps you to stimulate bone production and helps in avoiding fractures. As your body gets stretched your bones get stronger.
6. Extended Side Angle Pose (Utthita Parsvakonasana):
Another best Yoga Pose which helps you in strengthening your bones. Utthita Parsvakonasana pose stretches the sides and helps in getting stronger bones. You can do this pose by keeping your hand on the floor or can also keep your forearm on your knee.
7. Locust Pose (Salabhasana)
This pose is also called grasshopper pose as it is a good exercise for the legs and back. It makes your bones stronger. Raise your legs and the upper torso and hold it for 10 seconds and repeat this three times. The locust pose relieves your back pain also.
ALSO READ: Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Constipation
8. Half Moon Pose (Ardha Chandrasana):
Half Moon Pose helps to tone the legs, spine, abdomen, and glutes. It cures osteoporotic pain and strengthens the bones.
So, now try these Yoga poses to make your bones stronger. You should not worry about your bones getting weak as these Yoga poses will help you. If you do every day then it can help you much.
Simple Yoga Asanas To Reduce Belly Fat
Now, let us see few Yoga Poses which reduces belly fat. There are many who have a big stomach but can’t reduce it. If your lifestyle is like this, no exercise, high-stress level, unhealthy eating then you will get flabby tummy.
So, to get rid of Belly fat here we present you few Yoga Asanas.
1. Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutation)
Surya Namaskar or we can say Sun Salutation has twelve yoga positions. Each one has a great effect on the body. The bends stretch and the deep breathing helps in detoxification. If you do daily in the morning face towards the sun it will give many benefits.
How To Do It?
- Stand straight keep both the feet together and expand your chest, let your shoulders relax.
In one of our post we have shown you the twelve positions of Sun Salutation. Check it out.
2. Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
Tadasana is a warm-up pose as it improves the blood circulation and makes your body to get ready for other poses.
3. Board (Kumbhakasana)
Kumbhakasana poses will help to get your full body workout. Board move gives importance to thighs, shoulders, back, buttocks and the belly area.
How To Do It?
- Do it like a push up with your arms extending under the knees. Keep your hands positioned under the shoulders and arms.
- Keep your spine and back straight and breathe in.
- Spread fingers and pull in the abdominal muscle and keep your hands flat.
- Be in this position for about 15-30 seconds
- Do this pose five times with a break in between for 15 seconds.
4. Wind Easing Posture (Pavanamukthasan)
This is the great pose for lower back pain as it strengthens your core, hips, thighs. It is also used to promote healthy pH levels and increases metabolism.
How To Do It?
- Lie down and stretch out your legs with heels together and arms on your side.
- As you bend your knees and moves them towards your chest Breath out.
- As you bring your knees closer to your body hold them with both the hands.
- When you hold your knees tighten your thighs and put pressure on the abdominal muscles.
- Be in this position for 60-90 seconds and breathe deeply.
- Breathe out and release the knees and put your arms to rest.
- Do this five times for 15 seconds and keep a break in between.
5. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
One of the basic poses of Hatha Yoga is Paschimottanasana. Paschimottanasana stimulates the center of solar plexus. The forward bend gives the admirable level of stretch to thighs and hips. It is good for those who are having digestion problem.
How To Do It?
- Sit on the floor while doing the pose.
- Keep your spine straight and put your legs in front of you stretched. Let your feet touch the ceiling.
- Breath in and stretch your hands upwards without bending your elbows. Stretch your spine as much as you can.
- Breathe out and bend forward from the thighs. Bring your hands downwards and touch your toes. Your head will be on your knees. If you are a beginner then try to touch the ankles.
- After you touch toes hold it and try to pull them back side till you feel the stretch on the hamstrings.
- Breathe in and hold your stomach and try to be in the same position for 60-90 seconds. If its possible then increase the time of holding for five minutes or more.
- Breathe out and bring the body upside and relieve your toes from the fingers.
- Do this pose for 10 minutes and work up to 25 times or more.
- Relieves stress
- Helps in the reducing the fat in the abdomen
- Balances menstrual cycles
6. Pavanamuktasana (Wind Relieving Pose)
This pose helps in the problems like gastric, constipation and indigestion. As the knees give pressure on the stomach hold the position for more than one minute.
How To Do It?
- Lie down in the position where you face upward with your arms beside the body and feet stretched out and heels together.
- Bend your knees.
- Take a deep breathe and breathe out. Bring the bent knees towards your chest and thighs put pressure on the abdomen.
- Breathe in, breathe out and lift your head let your chin touch the knees.
- Be in the same position for 60-90 seconds and breathe deeply.
- Slowly breathe out and release the knees and let your head rest on the floor.
- Put your hands on the side of the body
- Repeat this 7 to 10 times.
- It makes the back and abdominal muscles strong
- Helps in digestion and release of gas
- Tones the muscles in the legs and arms
7. Naukasana (Boat Pose)
Naukasana is the pose which will guarantee that you will lose your belly fat. While doing the pose hold it for more than one minute as it helps in contacting the abdominal muscles and helps in toning the abs.
How To Do It?
- Lie down horizontally with face upside and legs stretched out. Put your toes on the ceiling and palms on the side of your body on the ground.
- Deeply breathe in. Then slowly breathe out and lift your body up from the ground.
- Stretch the arms and form a parallel line with the legs.
- While you hold the pose you must feel the abdominal muscles contracting.
- Breathe normally and hold the pose for about 50-6- seconds.
- Deeply, breathe in and breathe out. Slowly relax and come back to the position.
- Do this asana for five times.
8. Bow Posture (Dhanurasana)
Dhanurasana pose is ideal for strengthening the core and it tightens the abdominal muscles. The whole body gets to stretch and increases the energy and helps in digestion.
How To Do It?
- Lie down on stomach side down and your legs stretched out. Keep arms on the side.
- Slowly bend your knees upward and reach the arms back to hold the feet.
- Be in the same position for 15-30 seconds and breath normally.
- Breathe out and lie down and allow your body to rest
- Do this pose for five times and take a break between each pose.
You can take help of these Yoga poses to reduce belly fat and strengthen your bones. But at the same time, you also need to concentrate on eating healthy food. And also take care you get enough sleep. All these things are also important for your health.
We hope these Yoga Poses helps you.