Are you having a problem with Stomach Ulcer? This problem occurs with most of us and gives us pain. If the case is extreme we need to go to the doctor. If you don’t want to go a doctor then you can cure it at home also. Yes, for Stomach Ulcer there are few home remedies which are natural and will help you to cure Stomach ulcer.
What is a Stomach Ulcer?
Stomach Ulcer is also known as Gastric Ulcer, which gives a lot of pain in the stomach lining. Stomach ulcers are a type of peptic ulcer disease. Peptic Ulcers are the ulcers which affect the stomach and small intestines. Stomach ulcer arises when the thick layer of mucus reduces which protects your stomach from the digestive juice. When this happens it allows the digestive acids to eat the tissues that line the stomach which causes an ulcer.
What causes stomach Ulcers?
One of the most common causes of a stomach ulcer is the bacterium Helicobacter pylori. Ulcers may occur if you do overuse of painkillers like Aspirin and other anti-inflammatories like ibuprofen or naproxen.
Not for everyone, but a condition which is known as Zollinger-Ellison syndrome can also cause intestinal and stomach ulcers if the body’s production of acid is increased.
Most Common Symptoms Of Stomach Ulcer
The seriousness of the symptoms depends on the severity of the ulcer. One of the most common symptoms is a pain in the middle of the abdomen between the chest and the belly or burning. The pain will be very bad when your stomach is empty and this can happen up to few minutes or several hours.
common signs and symptoms
- Burning sensations after eating between the chest and the belly.
- It bleeds when you go to the bathroom or does vomiting.
- Vomiting and nausea
- Changes in body weight
- loss of appetite
- Because of pain, you can’t sleep.
- Heartburn, acid reflux, feels gassy
- darker stools.
- life-threatening condition
- dehydration, fatigue, and weakness
- diarrhea can also occur.
- feeling easily full
If you have any of these symptoms then consult your doctor. The bleeding ulcers can be life-threatening.
Luckily, there are few natural home remedies which can easily cure stomach ulcer. All the ingredients you can get it easily. So, let us see the natural ways to cure stomach ulcers.
Here are the top 10 home remedies
Bananas are very effective for stomach ulcer treatment. You can use both unripe and ripe bananas. In bananas, there are few antibacterial compounds which inhibit the growth of ulcer which is caused by H.pylori.
Bananas protect the system as it wipes out the acidity of gastric juices. And this helps to reduce the inflammation and it also makes strong the stomach lining.
How and When to use Bananas?
- In a day at least eat three ripe bananas. If you don’t like banana then make a milkshake of banana.
- Peel two or three bananas and cut it into thin slices. Put the slices in the sun till it becomes dry. Then grind the dry slice in a fine powder.
- From this powder, take two tablespoons of powder and one tablespoon of honey.
- As the mixture is ready, take it three times in a day for at least one week.
Coconut is very good for those who have a stomach ulcer. It has antibacterial qualities. Coconut kills the bacteria which causes ulcers. Coconut Milk and water has the anti-ulcer properties.
How And When To Use Coconut?
- Daily drink 3-4 cups of fresh coconut milk or tender coconut water.
- Eat the kernel of the tender coconut.
- Do this for one week, and you will see the results.
- Another way is, take one tablespoon of coconut oil in the morning and at night for one week.
Cabbage is one of the best natural home remedies for a stomach ulcer. As cabbage is a lactic acid food, it helps to produce amino acid which stimulates the blood flow to the stomach. This helps to strengthen the stomach lining and cure the ulcer. On top of that Cabbage contains a good amount of vitamin C, which is beneficial for patients with H. pylori infections.
How And When To Use Cabbage?
- Take two carrots and a half raw head of cabbage. Cut it into small pieces and blend them. Extract the juice.
- Drink the one-half cup of juice before food and bedtime.
- Repeat daily for 2-3 weeks.
- Make sure you use fresh juice every time.
Fenugreek helps in many ways because of its powerful healing properties and health benefits. It is rich in the mucilaginous compound and it also protects the stomach lining by coating it like mucus.
- Take one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and boil them in two cups of water. Strain it and add honey to it. Drink it.
- Another best option is to take fenugreek seed powder with milk. Take one teaspoon of powder and add it to milk and drink it.
- You can also take one cup of fenugreek leaves and boil it. Add honey and have it two times in a day.
- Repeat any of the remedies two times in a day for a week.
ALSO READ: Reasons Why Eating Cheese Is Good For You
Probiotics are the yeast and the living bacteria which provide the healthy and important microorganisms to our digestive system. And all these healthy microorganisms are present in most of the common food. So, you can have these foods,
As per the studies, it is said that probiotics help in wiping out H. pylori and recovers the ulcers.
Raw honey has the healing properties which help a lot in treating the stomach ulcers. In honey there is an enzyme present which is called glucose oxidase, produces hydrogen peroxide, which kills the harmful bacteria which causes an ulcer. It also reduces the inflammation of the stomach lining.
How and When to Use Honey?
- Daily in the early morning, take two tablespoons of raw honey on empty stomach.
- It helps in cleansing the bowel, and also strengthen the stomach lining.
- Honey treats and prevents the stomach ulcers.
Garlic is also one of the natural ways to treat stomach ulcer. According to the researchers at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center in Seattle, they said that the antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of garlic keep the levels of H. pylori bacterium in check.
How and When to Use Garlic?
- Take two-three crushed garlic cloves and a glass of water. Drink it in the day.
- Repeat this daily to get a cure for the stomach ulcer.
8. Slippery Elm
Another best remedy for stomach ulcer is Slippery Elm. The Slippery Elm has a good amount of mucilage that soothes and calms inflammation and pain. Another plus point is that the mucilage helps to remove the extra fat in the intestines.
How And When To Use Slippery Elm?
- Take the inner part of the slippery elm and grind it to make a powder.
- Take one cup of warm water and mix one teaspoon of the powder.
- Drink this three times in a day for a week.
9. Wood Apple
Take leaves of wood apple which is also known as bael. It very useful in treating the stomach ulcer. In the leaves, the tannins are present which helps and protect the stomach against the damage. From wood apple extract the juice it helps to reduce the pain and inflammation due to its mucilage content.
How and When To Use Wood Apple?
- Take two-three wood apple leaves and soak it in one cup of water in a copper vessel full night.
- In morning, strain it and drink it on empty stomach.
- Repeat this daily for few weeks.
In just one week you will get the results for a mild stomach ulcer. If you are suffering from critical stomach ulcer then it is better to consult the physician.
Many of the studies say that licorice works effectively for curing the stomach ulcer. Licorice helps the stomach and intestines to produce more protective mucus. It reliefs the pain from ulcers and speeds up in curing the stomach ulcer.
How and When To Use Licorice?
- Take one cup of water and a half teaspoon of licorice root powder.
- Cover it and let it set full night.
- In morning, add one cup of cooked broken rice in this and eat it.
- Repeat this for one week
- You can also drink the licorice tea for one week, in a day two to three times.
- In a day three times, you can chew and swallow two or three deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) tablets for a week. You will get these tablets in health food stores.
Foods to limit or avoid ulcers
There are some peoples with ulcers who also have acid reflux disease. There are some foods which can affect the lower part of the esophagus which is called LES.
To reduce acid reflux pain, you must avoid these things:
- coffee, and other caffeinated beverages
- carbonated beverages
- chilies and hot peppers
- processed foods
- high-salt diet
- deep-fried foods
- acidic foods like citrus and tomatoes
Overeating or eating before going to bed may also worsen the situation.
The Ulcer Diet
These are the top foods for the ulcer diet for fast relief.
Take small meals – eat some meals per day to reduce the load on the digestive system.
High Fiber Foods – If the fiber is more than it can repair ulcers soon. In a day at least have 30 grams.
Eat Green Leafy vegetables – Green vegetables give Vitamin K which helps in repairing the damage which is caused by stomach acid.
Cabbage Juice – For more benefits, add some carrot juice with cabbage juice. It heals the ulcer.
To your diet add kimchi, kefir or plain yogurt. It has good bacteria which helps in preventing H. pylori infection.
Top 5 Natural Ulcer Remedies
1. Licorice root (500 mg before meals)
2. Aloe vera (1/4 cup 3x daily)
3. Probiotics (15 billion live organisms 2x daily)
4. Chamomile (1 cup 4x daily)
5. L-glutamine (2g 3x daily)
Important Oils for Ulcer Relief
To get relief from the stomach ulcer, you need to use the oil of peppermint and frankincense. These are natural and effective remedies for the stomach ulcer.
- Take 2 drops of peppermint oil and frankincense oil.
- Mix it with water and have it daily.
When should you call or see a doctor?
If you see the symptoms of stomach ulcer then go to the doctor and get treated. It is important to take care of it because it is the danger. See the doctor if you get:
- Bleeding from the ulcer which can be life-threatening.
- Blockage of the digestive system
- stomach cancer
The symptoms of these things can be any from the given list. Please consult the doctor if you have any of the symptoms:
- trouble breathing
- red or black vomit or stools
- sudden, sharp pain in your abdomen that doesn’t go away
ALSO READ: How To Get Rid of Hickeys Instantly