We can see stretch marks easily in the abdominal part of our body, they can also be seen on thighs, upper arms, buttocks (backside) & breasts.
The main cause of stretch mark is pregnancy they can cover a large area of the body. Other major reasons for these stretch marks are sudden gain or loss of weight, sometimes heredity, stress etc.
These 10 Remedies That Can Be Used To Reduce Unwanted Stretch Marks
Our skin mainly have 3 layers and they are:
3. Subcutaneous or Hypodermic
The outer layer of our skin is Epidermis then the middle layer is Dermis & the deepest layer is Hypodermis. Mainly stretch marks occurs in the middle layer of our skin that is in Dermis, when the connective tissue is stretched beyond its flexibility power then only stretch mark occurs.
When stretching mark occurs, the collagen is enfeebled and the production of its normal cycle is damaged. This damage results as fine scars under the top layer of the skin. When someone suddenly puts on weight or grows quickly stretch marks can be seen on his or her body. When a stretch mark is born a thin silver line appears on the skin which initially looks red in colour sometimes pink also.
These marks make you feel uncomfortable about your looks. There are many ways that can help you to reduce these unwanted marks on your skin, let us see some natural ways of reducing these marks.
1. ALOE VERA
Aloe Vera is used in many skin treatments, its calming and healing properties can be used to easily get rid of these unwanted stretch marks. There are many ways to apply it.
1. You can use aloe vera directly on your affected skin, just rub it gently on the area where the stretch mark appears. After rubbing the aloe vera on the affected skin leave it for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash it with warm water.
2. Take one-fourth cup mixture of aloe vera gel, 10 vitamin E capsules oil and 5 vitamins A capsules oil. Rub this mixture on your skin until it is fully absorbed repeat this process 2 to 4 times daily.
Sugar is the best natural remedy to get rid of these unwanted stretch marks.
There are many ways to apply it.
1. Take a tablespoon of raw sugar with few drops of lemon juice and some almond oil. Mix it well and apply it on the affected area where the stretch marks are.
2. Before taking a shower rub this mixture on the skin for a few minutes daily.
3. For best results do this for a month and then see your stretch marks become lighter.
3. CASTOR OIL
This is used in a number of skin treatment problems such as moles, dark spots, age spots, wrinkles, pimples etc.
1. Apply castor oil on the affected area of the stretch marks and rub gently on that area in a circular motion for 5-10 minutes.
2. Cover the affected area with a thin, cotton cloth. You can use a heating pad or a hot water bottle then apply this heat to the affected area for half an hour.
3. To see positive results repeat this process for at least one month daily.
These leaves contain 8 important and essential amino acid which is good for skin. These leaves are rich in Vitamins E and K, which is good for skin in nourishing it.
1. For making a smooth paste take some drops of chamomile oil and mix these drops with alfalfa power.
2. Apply and massage the paste on the stretch marks for 2 to 3 times a day.
3. For best results repeat this process daily for a few weeks or a month.
5. EGG WHITES
It is a rich source of protein. For reducing these marks you can use egg whites, which contains amino acid and proteins. Remember use only white part of the egg.
1. Mix the whites of 2 egg gently with a fork, then use a cloth and clean the affected area with warm water and then apply that white egg mixture on your skin.
2. Wait for some time until the mixture is wet and then wash it off with warm water.
3. To keep moisture apply some lotion or olive oil on your skin.
4. For best positive results repeat this process daily for at least 2 weeks.
6. LEMON JUICE
This is the best simple way to reduce stretch marks. Lemon Juice is the best naturally acidic which will help you to reduce stretch marks, acne and other these types of scars too.
1. Take some fresh lemon juice rub it on the affected area in a circular motion. Rub the juice on the skin for at least 10 minutes until it is soaked into your skin.
2. Take a clean cloth and with the help of that clean the affected area with warm water.
3. Another option to reduce stretch marks is to use equal quantity of cucumber juice and lemon juice mix it well and apply on the affected area.
Keeping your body hydrated helps you protect your skin from many kinds of problems. It also keeps your skin fresh and glowing, it also helps to keep the skin restore elasticity.
We all have to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water every day in our life. Experts and Doctors always suggest us to drink enough water all the day to keep our body away from many diseases and skin problems.
Drinking plenty of water keeps our skin soft, healthy and help maintain its elasticity.
8. OLIVE OIL
This Olive oil has a large number of nutrients and antioxidants. They help us to improve various skin problems including stretch marks.
1. Take a few drops of olive oil and massage gently on the affected area. This process helps us to improve blood circulation and also helps us to reduce these unwanted stretch marks.
2. After massage leave the area for about half an hour so that the vitamins A, D and E present in the oil can be absorbed by the skin.
You can also make a night cream by mixing olive oil, vinegar and water and by using it you can see the results of reducing these marks. This mixture will make your skin soft and moisturized all night and it will also exfoliate the skin.
9. COCOA BUTTER
This cocoa butter is very useful and beneficial in treating stretch marks. It will help your skin to nourish and reduce unwanted stretch marks on your skin affected areas. It is a very excellent natural moisturizer.
1. You can apply cocoa butter on the affected area on the stretch marks for at least two times a day for a few months.
2. Another option for reducing stretch marks is to make a mixture using cocoa butter half a cup, two tablespoons of grated beeswax, one tablespoon of wheat germ oil and one tablespoon of vitamin E oil and apricot kernel oil. Now you have to heat this mixture until the beeswax which we have taken two tablespoons should get melt. Now you should store this mixture in a container which is airtight and keep it in the refrigerator then apply this mixture two to three times a day.
10. POTATO JUICE
Potato juice contains vitamins and minerals that restore your skin cells and foster growth. This juice may help you in reducing these unwanted stretch marks on your skin.
i. Firstly you have to take a potato and then cut it in medium-sized thick slices.
ii. Use one thick potato slice and rub it gently on the affected area for a few minutes. Then have a look at the affected area and make sure that the starch of the potato covers the area of the stretch marks.
iii. Then allow the potato juice to dry for some time and after that wash it off with lukewarm water to see the results.
By using Pharmaceutical Treatments you can also get rid of unwanted stretch marks
1. By using skin Camouflage.
Nowadays pharmacies in many cities suggest you this product that can be used on the affected area of your skin. Some of these are waterproof also, that will remain on your skin for at least two to three days.
2. By using Tretinoin cream.
Tretinoin cream also called ”RETINOID” creams. These creams help you to rebuild your body’s collagen present in your skin. But creams and products containing tretinoin. And it may not you to eliminate completely your unwanted stretch marks, scientific evidence does indicate they improve their appearance.
i. Please note that these products can sometimes irritate your sensitive skin.
ii. Before using this product containing this substance you should consult your Doctor if you are pregnant or nursing.
3. Using creams containing Vitamin.
Vitamin E, vitamin C, proline, ATP and copper-peptides. These ingredients help to stimulate the development of new skin collagen and keeps the maintenance of your skin. Please note that these products do not completely eliminate your unwanted stretch marks, but they become less noticeable over after some time.
i. Note that only pink and purple coloured marks will respond to tretinoin treatment. The stretch marks which have silver and white coloured ones, unfortunately, do not respond to this type of treatment.
4. You can invest in a product containing Glycerol Acid
This alpha hydroxy acid is derived from sugar canes. This product can improve your body’s collagen production. If you have a look on this glycolic acid you may notice that many products contain this acid in it usually like find toners, moisturizers, cleansers in a store.
A dermatologist (a medical practitioner qualified to diagnose and treat skin disorders) may suggest a higher dose if needed. As with this product, some scientific evidence suggests that minimum glycerol acid could improve the appearance of these unwanted stretch marks.
i. You can mix tretinoin cream with a glycolic acid-based product, some of the evidence indicates that doing this can be the best and stronger result.
ii. You can also try a chemical peel, you can see the results in two-three treatments.
By understanding Surgical Option you can also get rid of unwanted stretch marks
1. Consult your doctor about laser treatment
In this laser treatment employs intense wavelengths of light to stimulate your skin’s production of collagen (the main structural protein found in skin and other connective tissues), elastin ( a protein forming the main constituent of elastic connective tissue, found especially in the dermis part of the skin), and melanin ( it is responsible for tanning of skin exposed to sunlight). Your doctor can suggest you different types of skin treatments depending on the configuration of your skin type and age too.
2. Painless procedure in laser treatment
Painless procedure in laser treatment is – Pulsed dye laser treatment which is used on fresh, or active stretch marks. The laser treatment energy causes underlying blood vessels to collapse, by doing this the stretch marks which have red or purple colour either disappears completely or turn white in colour.
3. Consider Microdermabrasion
Your doctor may use a hand-held device to blow small crystals onto your skin. The crystals used in this treatment abrade (wear away or scrape away) or polish your skin surface where these stretch marks occur. Then by using a vacuum, it removes both the crystals and the resulting dead skin cells. By removing this top layer of your skin allows growing a new and fresh skin which is more flexible.
4. Talk to your doctor about cosmetic surgery as the last solution
An abdominoplasty (a surgical operation involving the removal of excess flesh from the abdomen) or we can say a tummy tuck, may remove the folds of your skin marred (spoil) by stretch marks. However, this cosmetic surgery can be costly/expensive and risky too.
Consider carefully and be sure whether you are concern about these unwanted stretch marks that make such an invasive (tending to spread very quickly and undesirably or harmful) approach worthwhile.
Most of the doctors recommend you a tummy tuck over microdermabrasion and laser treatments because the results of a tummy tuck are more cosmetically appealing.