We don’t need to explain all the benefits of Turmeric Powder. From the time we are born, we have heard someone saying the benefits of Turmeric Powder. Most of us know that Turmeric is beneficial in many ways. It is good for our health, Hair, skin, etc. Almost, Turmeric powder is a magical herb.
Well, here in this article we have brought the list of benefits of turmeric powder. So, let us go through in details. First of all, let us know What is Turmeric?
What Is Turmeric Powder?
Turmeric Powder is a spice which is mostly used in all the dishes, especially Indian Dishes. It is one of the most powerful herbs. Turmeric is called Haldi in Hindi. In science, it is one of the most studied herbs. Scientifically it is called Curcuma Longa, it is the name of the plant from where the herb comes. Haldi grows in India and few other Southeast Asian countries.
Turmeric Powder is yellow in color. There are plenty benefits of turmeric powder. There is a compound present in it called curcuminoids which has many advantages for human health.
Now, Let Us See The Benefits of Turmeric Powder.
Awesome Health Benefits of Turmeric
Here we have a long list of benefits of turmeric powder.
1. It Is A Natural Painkiller
The anti-inflammatory property of Curcumin provides to its painkiller property. It has the inflammatory chemicals like prostaglandins and interleukins which helps in reducing pain. The Painkiller property is useful for burn injuries and post-surgical pain. Turmeric also relieves the neuropathic pain which is like pins and needles.
2. Turmeric Powder improves digestion and stomach health
The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant action of the turmeric is found to protect the digestive system from the bacterial infections.
Curcumin’s anti-inflammatory and antioxidant action is found to protect the digestive tract from bacterial infections. Traditional medicine says that the turmeric is a drug which helps in relieving. It is an effective way to digestion.
3. It Prevents Cancer
A compound which is present in the turmeric powder, curcumin is known to deal with cancer development in the body. According to the studies in early stages of research, the compound shows to fight against cancer and boosts the effects of chemotherapy. This becomes even more powerful when it is mixed with fresh ground black pepper.
4. Relief From Arthritic Pain
Curcumin is the anti-inflammatory property of turmeric powder which plays a major role. It is instrumental in treating rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis. The free radicals in the body which damages the cells are destroyed by antioxidant. If anyone is suffering from this then they should intake Turmeric Powder daily. It will relieve the pain of mild joint pains and inflammation.
5. Brain Protection
One more compound is present in the Turmeric Powder which is not studied much like Curcumin. A Compound is an aromatic turmerone or ar-turmerone. As per the research, the aromatic turmerone compound promotes repair in the stem cells of the brain. These are the same stem cells which help in recovery from neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer and stroke.
6. Healing Properties
Turmeric Powder is the suggestion given by every grandmother to treat any burn, cut, infection. It has the natural antiseptic and anti-bacterial property which treats the cut. You just have to sprinkle the powder on the affected area to get the cure. You can take a spoon of turmeric powder even if you are having heartburn or stomach pain instead of taking the pill this is the best thing to do it.
7. Reduces Menstrual Pain
As per the study of Iranian, the compound curcumin was found to reduce the severity of PMS symptoms. Turmeric powder can also be used to cure menstrual pain. This is one of the most common problems for all the girls.
- Has Anti-Inflammatory Properties
- Offers Excellent Antioxidant Properties
- Promotes Brain Health And Prevents Neurological Diseases
- Prevents Heart Diseases
- Delays Aging
- Might Aid In Diabetes Treatment
- Improves Immunity
- Works As A Natural Antiseptic
- Detoxifies The Liver
- Reduces Menstrual Pain
- Aids Weight Loss And Metabolism
- Helps Treat Psoriasis
- Treats Skin Pigmentation
- Treats Hirsutism
- Aids In Exfoliation
- Prevent Blood Clots
- Reduces Depression Symptoms
- Boosts Skin Health
- Manage Diabetes
- Regulate Cholesterol
How Is Turmeric Good For The Skin?
1. Reduces scars and heals wounds
Turmeric’s anti-inflammatory properties work on the pores and calm the skin. It also reduces the scars and heals any kind of wound.
- Just take a pinch of Turmeric Powder and one teaspoon of besan.
- Apply the mixture on the affected areas and let it dry.
- Wash it with lukewarm water.
2. Soothes Burns
Turmeric has soothing properties and is known for it.
- Just take a pinch of turmeric powder and some milk or curd
- Apply the paste on the affected area
- Let it dry and then wash off
- Repeat this in a day for at least two weeks until you see the burn marks are going.
3. Cures Stretch Marks
To get rid of stretch marks make a paste of:
- Lime juice, Saffron and a pinch of turmeric.
- Mix them and apply the paste on the affected area.
- Keep it for 15 minutes and then wash it.
- Repeat this till you see the stretch marks are becoming light.
4. Turmeric For Skin Whitening
Turmeric works as a skin tone, as it helps in restoring your natural glow.
- Take one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of milk and 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric
- Mix them and make a face pack
- Apply it and leave it for 25 minutes then wash it.
- In a week repeat this for three-four times
Turmeric also helps you in removing sun tan by which your skin looks dull.
- Take a pinch of Turmeric, lemon juice, and raw milk
- Apply it to the affected area and let it dry
- Wash it with cold water.
5. Heals Cracked Feet
The properties of turmeric help in healing the cracked feet also.
- Take equal amount of coconut oil and castor oil
- Add a pinch of turmeric in it and make a paste.
- Apply it on the cracked heels and keep it for 15 minutes
- Wash it with cool water.
6. Prevents Wrinkles
Turmeric can prevent the formation of wrinkles and melanin, this is in a Japanese study.
7. Cures acne
The magical spice is very effective and is beneficial for acne and redness. It helps in removing the acne and also removes the excess oil from the skin.
- two teaspoons of sandalwood
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric
- some milk
- Mix them and make a paste
- Apply it on your face and let it dry
- wash it and repeat it two three times in a week.
Turmeric Benefits For Hair
1.It helps to treat dandruff
Yes, turmeric also helps in treating dandruff from your hair. Dandruff is the common problem with hair. Many waste lots of money on expensive shampoo but then also it won’t go. So, you better try this.
- Make a mixture of turmeric and olive oil. Take each of them in equal parts.
- Apply it to your hair and leave it for 20 minutes and then shampoo it.
2. Fights Hair Loss
There are plenty of reasons like poor diet, stress, hormonal disorder which can lead to hair loss. Even after buying expensive products from the market it won’t stop hair fall. But turmeric can help you with this.
- Take 4-5 tablespoon of turmeric powder
- a bowl of raw milk
- mix them and make a semi-liquid solution.
- As a conditioner, you can add some honey in it
- Cover the scalp with the pack and massage it gently.
- Let it get dry for half an hour and then wash it with shampoo.
- Repeat this two times in a week
3. Haldi Can Get Hair Color
If you want a hair color, you can also use Haldi to get your hair color. Those who have darker hair, but want lighter hair color can apply turmeric with curd and henna every week. Do this for at least 4 months, you will see the change in your hair color. It is the natural way so there won’t be any damage to your hair.
To get reddish color, mix few teaspoons of natural henna in the solution. Keep it for 4 to 5 hours. Wash it with cold water and shampoo. After shampoo don’t forget to condition your hair.
ALSO READ: Effective Home Remedies For Headache
How To Select Turmeric Powder?
Nowadays, dried spices and herbs are easily available in supermarkets. But, I suggest you buy it from local spice stores. In these stores, the collection of dried herbs and spices are good quality and are fresh. In the supermarket, it is not fresh. Whenever you buy Turmeric powder, always buy organic turmeric. The color of turmeric is important to choose the correct turmeric powder.
How To Store?
You must keep turmeric powder in a tight container. Must store it in a cool and dry place. Fresh turmeric rhizome must be kept in a refrigerator.
Some Of The Turmeric Recipes
1. Turmeric Tea
There are many health benefits of turmeric tea. Let us see how it is made
- one Teaspoon of turmeric
- four cups of water
- one teaspoon of raw honey or fresh lemon juice. You can also use grated ginger.
- Boil the water and add turmeric to it and simmer for 10 to 15 mins
- Off the stove and strain the liquid
- In it add honey or lemon juice or grated ginger
- drink it
Turmeric Smoothie (Turmeric + Carrot + Ginger)
For carrot juice
- 2 cups of carrots
- 1 ½ cups of filtered water
- Make juice by adding carrots and filtered water in a bender.
- Blend it till you get a pureed and smooth mixture. You can add water if needed.
For The Smoothie
- 1 large ripe banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple
- ½ tablespoon of peeled fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon of ground turmeric
- ½ cup of carrot juice
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of almond milk, unsweetened
- Take a large and thin towel in the mixing bowl
- Pour the juice into it
- Lift the corners and squeeze till the juice is extracted.
- Add it in the blender and blend it till you get a creamy and smooth mixture.
Turmeric Side Effects And Caution
Normally, there are no side effects of turmeric. There are few people who have an allergy, especially after skin exposure. It is experienced as a mild or itchy rash.
High dose of turmeric is taken to cause:
- Increased risk of bleeding
- Increased liver function tests
- Hyperactive gallbladder contractions
- Hypotension (lowered blood pressure)
- Uterine contractions in pregnant women
- Increased menstrual flow
Turmeric has thousands of benefits and there is no doubt in telling it. It makes your life better and makes the dishes delicious. If you have any problem just take help of turmeric.
We, hope this article was helpful for you. Share your views with us by commenting below.