Most probably you had Drunk Alcohol too much last night and now you don’t know how to get rid of the smell of the alcohol. However, you can’t take this Alcohol Breath to your work or in front of your parents. So now, what can you do? Don’t you worry here we have brought a list of Best ways which can help you to get rid of Alcohol Breath.
Alcohol Breath is a bad breathe which is caused by drinking lot of alcohol. Our body treats alcohol as a toxin and does not absorb it. It slowly affects the liver. And it stays in the bloodstream so the lungs, smell and some of them even sweat. Drinking alcohol is a good way to get rid of an extremely tired week or a hard day. But on the next day when you go to work the smell of alcohol breath can be miserable.
What Causes Alcohol Breath?
Alcohol is not easily digested as it has toxin. It is metabolized by the liver but liver works at the rate which processes by only one drink in an hour. As this process gets slow, the alcohol accumulates in the bloodstream and the body tissues also your lungs. This cause Alcohol breath.
It is a common problem for all people who drink too much of Alcohol. Apart from the bad smell, people around you will think you are still drunk.
So, to get rid of the Breath here are simple and easy tricks. To flush out the bad smell after you drink alcohol make sure you drink a lot of water. Let us see, the home remedies to get rid of Alcohol breath.
Some Of The Ways To Get Rid Of Alcohol Breath
One of the basic thing which helps to remove the bad smell of liquor from the mouth. And it does not remove the alcohol smell which comes from the stomach, throat, and skin.
- Use good and strong smelling toothpaste, which contain peppermint or any strong herb.
- Brush your teeth thoroughly for 2 minutes.
- Then gargle and spit out the toothpaste.
- Clean the tongue to remove the lingering traces of the alcohol.
- Use mouthwash with a fruity smell.
- After you finish brushing, take a few amounts of mouthwash in your mouth and swish it around for 30-40 seconds to get the fresh and clean smell.
Do not use the mouthwash which contains alcohol as it will give the liquor smell.
2. Eat Something with Your Drink
To reduce the bad smell of alcohol, you need to eat something before drinking alcohol or while drinking alcohol. As you chew the food stimulates the production of saliva and the food in your stomach helps and absorb alcohol which you drink.
Good options to eat food are the Snacks like peanuts, cashews, popcorn, potato chips and other munchies as well as finger foods.
Just simply keep eating snacks while you enjoy your beer or cocktails.
3. Drink More Water
Just like it is important to eat something when you drink, it is also important to drink water. As alcohol has its diuretic effect, it makes your mouth dry. And the dry mouth makes odor-causing bacteria.
So, when you enjoy your Alcohol drink, sip plain water as it will keep you hydrated and avoid the dry mouth.
Also, after finishing your drinks, don’t forget to drink a little bit of water. To reduce the alcohol breath, you need to reduce the severity of a hangover.
You can also drink Lemon water it is also beneficial like water.
4. Drink Black Coffee
Another simple and natural way to get rid of alcohol breath is Black Coffee. It is easily available in our kitchen so drink Black Coffee after you come home drunk. Coffee is giving you double benefits.
First thing is coffee will make you alert and helps in fighting with drowsiness. This thing is important if you are going to the office or in an important meeting.
Second, the compounds which are present in the coffee will give a nice aroma to the mouth which is better than the Alcohol smell.
- Regularly drink three to four cups of black coffee.
- Do not add anything to the black coffee.
- No sugar, no cream, as if you add it then coffee won’t affect your alcohol breath.
ALSO READ: Top Natural Ways To Get Rid Of Gallstones
5. Chew Gum
Chewing Gum is not just used to look cool but it also helps at high altitudes. Many people chew sugar-free chewing gum to burn fat from their faces. The main purpose of chewing gum is to get rid of the bad smell from the mouth.
- Take a chewing gum of sour flavored, do not take sweet one.
- The sharp taste of the sour gum will cause salivary glands and will produce more saliva and it helps to remove the alcohol smell from the breath.
- You can also take a chewing gum of mint flavor but the strong smell may show others that you are trying to cover up or hide something. This can be effective.
- Make sure you choose sugar-free gum to get rid of bad breath.
Garlic is one of the best ingredients which adds taste to our favorite foods. The strong smell of garlic helps in eliminating the smell of alcohol breath. After eating garlic, the smell stays for a long time and exhales from the stomach and the skin pores. It is the highly effective remedy to get rid of Alcohol odor from the source in the body.
But if you have a date with your loved one or have an important meeting then Garlic is not good for you.
- When you are enjoying your drink at the bar, eat garlic flavored food like garlic fries or garlic bread.
- In the morning Chew two raw garlic cloves to hide the alcohol smell or can crush them and mix it with one tablespoon of raw, organic honey and apply it on the toast in the morning and eat.
- Add chopped garlic to your morning omelet. The whole day you will smell garlic at work.
- Have food dishes like garlic fried rice or noodles for lunch to keep away the alcohol breath.
ALSO READ: Natural Ways To Treat Psoriasis At Home
Red onions have a strong smell which lingers the breath for a long time. So, eating red onions is a good option to get rid of the liquor smell.
- You can order your salad which is mixed with chopped red onions.
- Eat sliced onion rings with burgers, sandwiches and grilled meat skewers, ordered with or after drinks.
- If you are having a party at home then use raw, red onions to make a dip it can be a great way to mask the smell of the alcohol.
- Make a mixture of mashed up garlic with red onions and drink it with food like eggs, etc.
8. Eat Peanut Butter
One more reason to enjoy the Peanut butter. If you love a sweet creamy taste of it then it is good. Eating peanut butter helps you to get rid of Alcohol Breath. The oil present in the peanut butter gives a much stronger and a good smell then alcohol breath.
Peanut Butter covers up the odor of strong smell on your breath. Nobody will be able to get that you drunk a lot last night. Make a toast and put a good amount of peanut butter on them and enjoy it with black coffee.
Another home remedy which can help you to get rid of Alcohol Breath is Lemon. In Lemon, the citrus compounds are present in it. And also, Lemon helps to remove the toxins from the body and reduces the alcohol smell.
- Take one or two teaspoons of fresh lemon juice and one cup of warm water.
- Mix it and add 1/2 teaspoon of salt and mix it well.
- Use this as a mouth rinse, swish it around the mouth for 1 minute then spit it out. Repeat this every four hours.
- Drink lemon water to reduce the alcohol smell and also removes the alcohol from the body. Just mix the juice of 1/2 lemon in one cup of lukewarm water and drink it every day. Also, add a little honey for the better taste.
- And if you love green tea or black tea then squeeze a little lemon juice in it and drink it.
- This will help to get rid of alcohol smell from the mouth.
Do not use too much lemon to mouth rinse. As it is acidic in nature using too much lemon can damage your tooth.
10. Tomato Juice
Yes, tomato juice can help to eliminate the bad smell of alcohol as the juice is highly effective at the masking the smell of alcohol.
- Take a glass of tomato juice with your breakfast to get rid of alcohol smell after drinking at night.
- To remove alcohol smell, take a long, hot and soapy shower
- Avoid drinking drinks like Long Island Iced Tea or mixing different alcohols as these drinks will make you smell more on the next day.
- Do not drink alcohol on empty stomach.
- Drink in a limit. More drink will make more problems to deal with.
- Chew aromatic spices like cloves, fennel seeds, cardamom at regular intervals in a day to get rid of alcohol smell.
- You can also chew fresh mint leaves it also works well.
- Use perfume, deodorants
- Eat candies of fruit flavor or suck fruit flavored gum.
- Keep a small cinnamon stick in the mouth. Suck it to keep your alcohol breath away.
- Ear one teaspoon of yellow mustard and wash it with some water is also helpful.
- Drink one glass of tomato juice to keep alcohol smell away
- Always keep in mind to drink in limit and do not drink and drive.
So, these are some of the natural ways to get rid of Alcohol breath. After your breath is fresh and you are normal, start a new refreshing healthy life once again. But be sure you do not drink out of the limit as Alcohol is not that good for our health. So be in limit and do not drive after drinking alcohol. If you are drinking alcohol and are fed up of the smell the next day then use these home remedies to get rid of bad smell.