Coconut oil keeps your hair and skin naturally soft, bright, and healthy. Coconut oil is natural and does not contain any harmful chemicals. Therefore, put your conditioner, oily cream, and lotion in the side, and use pure coconut oil on the skin and hair. But how to use it? If you want to know, read the steps given below:
How To Moisturize Hair With Coconut oil
When it comes to hair care, first of all, the name of shampoo and conditioner comes in our brain. Shampoo clears our hair and scalp, hair conditioner makes the hair soft and nourishes hair at the ends of the hair. If you use the right conditioner then your hair develops properly.
You can use hair conditioner by buying from the market according to your hair. However, you can also make natural conditioners at home for more benefits. Honey and coconut milk are extremely beneficial ingredients for hair. For this, you have to adopt an easy way. Let’s know how to Coconut Hair Conditioner.
1) Wear old clothes: Coconut oil can fall when putting. Therefore, wear old clothes or have a towel on your shoulders. Sit in your bathroom and apply oil on the hair for a few hours so that the oil ruffles well in your scalp.
2) Choose cover for your hair: You can cover your hair with a plastic cover, cap or any old clothes. Choose a cover that can shave your hair for a long time or all night.
3) Insert 3-5 large coconut oil in a microwave bowl: Take oil according to your hair length and thickness. If you have long, thick hair, then 5, And if there is small, thin hair then take 3-4 spoons of oil.
- Use unsaturated oils (unrefined): Some natural elements are removed from the refined coconut oil, which makes your hair and skin healthy. These non-refined oils are present in all these properties naturally.
- If coconut oil has been used in the head by mistake, then there is no scary thing in it. When you wash your head, then all oil will come out.
4) Heat the coconut oil in the microwave: Put the bowl in the microwave and heat it for 30 seconds. Shake once and heat again for 30 seconds until it melts. It is easy to apply molten oil.
- If you do not have a microwave, you can also melt the oil with your hands. Rub 1 spoon of oil on your hands. Coconut oil melts with very little heat.
- You can also heat coconut oil on the gas. Put it in a small vessel to heat it.
- You can also heat coconut oil in a large saucepan or petal.
- You can also melt the coconut oil bottle by keeping hot water.
5) Put coconut oil on your hair: Cool the hot oil and apply it on your scalp and hair. Massage your fingers and apply it on your hair. Keep on massaging until the oil starts on all the hair.
- You can also spread oil to all hair from a comb. Go from the roots to the end of the hair.
- If you have to condition only the hair tip instead of all the hair, then just put oil on the last part of the hair and massage with your hands.
6) Cover your hair on the head and cover it with a cover: Cover your hair properly with a plastic cover cap or old clothes.
- You can also attach your hair to a hairband.
- Wipe the fallen oil on your face with a towel.
7) Allow oil to stay 2 hours or overnight: As long as you keep oil in your hair, the more your hair condition will be.
8) Wash the hair after removing the cover: Wash the hair with your favorite shampoo. If your hair is too oily, then wash 2-3 times so that the oil gets out.
9) Let hair dry: dry your hair like this or dry hair dryer. After washing the coconut oil and after washing it will become soft, shiny, and shiny.
DIY Face Moisturizer
If you think that moisturizer is not good at all for your oily face then you are wrong. It is necessary to moisturizing the face daily, but if you are afraid that if it does not come to your face then we have opened the solution. You just need some of the ingredients that are absolutely natural, putting the face soft and not oily.
Aloe Vera, resonator, almond oil, olive oil, coconut oil, honey, glycerin, and green tea, etc. are considered to be very good for oily face. In winter, both honey and glycerin hydrate the skin, so if you do not have more options then you can try them out. So let’s try Diy face moisturizer:
Clean your face regularly: Wash your face with water, brush, or oil, and wash it well. Wipe your face with soft towels. Keep in mind, never rubbing the face clean.
Rinse coconut oil around your eyes: Coconut oil is very good for eyes, it does not have dark circles and hurries. Place your eyes where there are wrinkles in very small amounts.
- For every eye, do not take more than the number of peas as oil.
- Note that coconut oil should not go inside the eyes, because this will make you look dull for a short time.
Put coconut oil in other free space: If there is a soft skin anywhere (like the eyebrow of eyes) anywhere in your face, then add the quantity of coconut oil in very little. Slowly rotate the sphere.
Rub Coconut Oil on your lips: Coconut oil is also beneficial for torn lips. If you put it in the mouth then it does not matter, so its use is not harmful to the lips. You will also be healthy by using coconut oil in the food.
Coconut oil can also be used like face cream: after bathing or after washing face, apply it on your face. Apply the makeup 10 minutes before applying to your skin will absorb it. Coins of coconut oil are enough for you to apply on your face.
- Skin of many people bursts with coconut oil, so first take a little oil and look for some days that you have no effect on it. So you can use it later.
- You can use coconut oil for oil cleansing: Keeping in mind your holes, so you can put oil. You can also add castor oil to coconut oil so that your skin does not look more oily.
Coconut Body Moisturizer
It is important to use body lotion to keep the skin healthy. It does not dry the skin and gets nutrition. But if you do not like the moisturizers available in the market or do not suit your skin then do not need to worry. You can make home-made moisturizers without a chemical.
By making moisturizing at home, you can save yourself using chemical moisturizers. You can use coconut oil to make moisturizers at home. Body lotion made from coconut oil helps to keep the skin hydrated. Along with this, the skin prevents lifelessness. So let’s tell you how to make body lotion with coconut oil at home.
- Put coconut oil after the bath: Apply coconut oil after bathing when there is moisture in your skin. Because then it will be easy to apply and your skin will absorb it well.
- Put coconut oil to give moisture to your hands: Place 1 large coconut oil on your palm. Rub the other hand with your hands thoroughly until the whole oil starts to soak. Likewise on your both hands.
- Put coconut oil to provide moisture to your feet: 2 large quantity of coconut oil rub well on your entire foot till the full oil starts to soak. Likewise, put on both of your legs.
- Put coconut oil to provide moisture to your torso: 1 large spoon coconut oil, stomach, back, chest, and where your mind is rubbed well. You can also use coconut oil as a lotion.
- Allow the skin to drink coconut oil: The skin takes up to 15 minutes to absorb coconut oil. By then, you can wear your bathrobe so that you do not have oil on your new clothes or furniture.
- Sit in the water tub for a while: To give moisture to the whole body, add 1 large spoon (or more) coconut oil in hot bath or bathtub in hot water and mix well. Repeat up to 1-2 times for a few weeks, until your skin gets moisture.
Some other Uses of Coconut oil
- Use coconut oil as a massage oil: You can put a rose or lavender oil in coconut oil to get a good scent. Now you can use it as a massage oil on your whole body.
- Put coconut oil to get relief from confused hair: Sprinkle coconut oil on peas and apply it to solve your confused hair.
- Put coconut oil on body spots: Put coconut oil on your spots twice a day. After some time, these spots will start to diminish and your skin will appear to be abstract.
- apply it on the itching: Place coconut oil on dry skin, itch-itching so that your skin gets moisture and relief from itching.
- Put coconut oil to make your hair silky: Cool some hot coconut oil in a bowl and apply it in your hair.
- Put coconut oil on your hands a little bit.
- Massage well with your head and bind them with clothes.
- Do this procedure at night and wash the morning. Your hair will become silky and strong.
- Put coconut oil on your own cuticle: Rub peas as much as coconut oil by putting them on your own cuticle. After some time wash hands with soap and water.
- Add neem leaves, curry leaves, and coconut flowers to coconut oil: Heat all of these and let it cool down. Massage the message with a finger on your head. Let the night stay in the morning, wash in the morning. Your hair will be brilliant, shiny and soft.
- Take your makeup to coconut oil: it works like a very good cold cream. Just put it on your face, massage for some time and then wipe it with some clothes.
Why coconut oil helps reduce scarring
The amazing properties of coconut oil to preserve youth and beauty have long been known. So, it is traditionally used for skin and hair care. Due to the high content of vitamin E – a natural antioxidant – coconut oil improves the regenerative ability of the skin.
Medium chain fatty acids (such as lauric, caprylic and capric acids) accelerate the healing process by improving collagen production. Thus, coconut oil helps to avoid the formation of a new scar, as well as reduce existing scars.
Coconut oil has strong antimicrobial and antibacterial properties, which makes it an excellent way to prevent infection. Therefore, it can be used as a natural “patch” immediately after the occurrence of injury. This helps prevent the formation of large scars, as additional inflammation can increase the size of the wound.
Treating coconut oil can also be beneficial for sunburn. It perfectly cools and promotes rapid cell renewal. In Addition, it favorably affects the condition of the skin as a whole, preventing its aging and the formation of wrinkles. For this reason, coconut oil is the main ingredient in many skin care products. It can also be used for massage or baths, as it does not dry the skin like most mineral oils.
How To Use Coconut oil To Get Rid of Acne And Scars
Reviews from dermatologists and patients suggest that regular application of coconut oil to the skin several times a day helps to reduce scars. It can be used to treat both fresh and old scars, but the effectiveness of treatment will be different in both cases. If you apply coconut oil immediately after an injury, it will help the wound to heal faster, leaving no visible traces.
Apply coconut oil on the affected areas as a therapeutic ointment several times a day and rub until completely absorbed. The oil quickly penetrates into the deeper layers of the skin and leaves it with a pleasant feeling of softness and elasticity. It supports the natural healing process and helps the scar to disappear faster. Wash hands thoroughly before use.
Note that at the time of treatment, the wound should no longer bleed. If the wound has healed a little and does not hurt so much, you can massage the skin with light circular movements.
To avoid contamination of clothing or bed linen, it is recommended to put a bandage or stick a plaster.
To get rid of scars, experts advise using organic coconut oil of cold-pressed, since it contains only all valuable substances.
How Effective is Coconut oil For Scars?
Scars are very different from each other. Some of them are very difficult to remove, while others quickly disappear without a trace. But in all cases, it is important to apply coconut oil to problem areas every day and actively engage in massage.
If you have such an opportunity, start applying coconut oil at an early stage. Old scars rarely go away completely, but even their appearance can improve with regular use.
The time it takes to smooth out irregularities also varies from person to person. It largely depends on the type of scarring. It may take only a week to remove small acne scars, while it will take months to smooth out the contracting scars left over from the burn. In any case, be consistent and patient to achieve results.
Coconut oil From acne and post-acne
Acne scars most often remain after the inflammatory form of acne, with insufficient or inadequate treatment. To avoid the development of acne scars, it is recommended not to remove or squeeze acne and avoid excessive sun exposure. But if the scars on the face still appear, coconut oil will help get rid of unpleasant defects.
- Wash your face well with a mild face wash and pat your skin with a soft towel.
- Apply organic coconut oil to the affected area and gently massage for 5 minutes.
- Leave the oil overnight and wash it the next morning with warm water.
Coconut oil and lemon for getting rid of acne scars
Lemon is very rich in vitamin C, which protects the skin from free radicals and slows the aging process. If you apply lemon juice correctly, it will not only help to dissolve scars, but also cleanse and whiten the skin.
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil.
Preparation and use:
- Squeeze the juice of half a lemon.
- Melt the butter in a water bath.
- Mix the oil and juice well until smooth and pour into a glass jar. Keep it in the refrigerator.
- Rub the mixture on the affected areas before bedtime and let it soak. Repeat the procedure twice a week.
Coconut oil can also be used to treat acne because its anti-inflammatory properties help soothe the skin and reduce the pain and discomfort that often accompany severe acne. In addition, coconut oil helps to balance sebum production without overdrying the skin.
Stretch marks are long depressed stripes on the skin – red, purple or silver-white. These ugly scars most often occur in the thighs, buttocks, abdomen, chest, and underarms. They can be found not only in women who have given birth, but also in all those who are sharply gaining or, conversely, losing weight.
How To Deal With Stretch Marks With Coconut oil
Some medical procedures, such as laser exposure, remove stretch marks, but not all women are ready for such drastic measures. Is it possible to affect the condition of the skin and remove stretch marks at home? Natural oils have proven to be an effective, safe and cheap way to get rid of stretch marks. Especially coconut oil, with its high content of valuable fatty acids, can help to cope with a cosmetic defect.
It is important to remember that the best effect can be achieved if procedures are started in a timely manner. The initial stretch marks are pink, then red, soon they turn yellow and finally white. It is necessary to notice the appearance of striae in time and take action while they are pink or red to prevent further damage to the skin.
Coconut oil is a very effective scar remover. It has moisturizing properties and generally improves skin condition. In addition, coconut oil has anti fungal, anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antimicrobial effects. Coconut oil contains vitamin E, which heals the skin, and vitamin K, which removes damaged and dead cells.
5 best recipes with coconut oil for stretch marks
Just coconut oil:
- take a few drops of coconut oil and massage the affected area with it
- wait a while for the oil to soak into the skin.
Coconut oil with castor oil:
- mix the same amount of coconut and castor oil
- apply on the skin with stretch marks
- wait a while for the oil to absorb.
Coconut oil with turmeric:
- To 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, add 1 teaspoon of turmeric oil
- add a teaspoon of lemon juice if desired
- apply the mixture over the scars
- wash off with water after 15 minutes.
Coconut oil with salt and sugar:
- take half a glass of coconut oil and mix it with one glass of salt and sugar
- massage the paste in for 5 minutes
- hold 10 minutes
- wash and towel dry.
Coconut oil with olive oil:
- mix a little coconut oil with olive
- gently rub it into the stretch-damaged skin
- wait until the oils are absorbed.
Each of these procedures can be performed daily. Before use, it is important to ensure that you are not allergic to the products used.
How To Get Rid of Dandruff Using Coconut oil
The skin on the head is updated every 4 weeks. But when its particles begin to exfoliate too quickly, we are faced with such an unpleasant phenomenon as dandruff. Small white scales are especially noticeable on dark hair and give a person a careless and untidy appearance.
Did you know that this specific disease can be cured without the use of pharmacological and chemical agents that have only a temporary effect, and sometimes even worsen the situation? Dandruff shampoos often contain chemicals that dry the scalp and harm our hair.
We often forget that you can take care of your hair with the help of absolutely harmless natural remedies! Coconut oil is one of the most effective!
For thousands of years, coconut oil has been used as a natural treatment for dandruff. The unique composition of coconut oil helps not only to get rid of unpleasant symptoms but also to neutralize the main causes of this unpleasant state.
Why coconut oil helps to effectively cope with dandruff
Coconut oil effectively copes with dandruff, as it consists more than half of lauric acid, which has an antibacterial effect and is actively fighting the fungus that causes dandruff, as well as manifestations of seborrhea dermatitis.
In addition, coconut oil perfectly moisturizes the dry scalp, maintains a healthy balance of the skin and sebaceous glands, stimulates the growth of healthy cells, and also restores and strengthens hair, nourishing them to the very roots.
Polyphenolic compounds in coconut oil in combination with vitamin E (tocopherol) protect the delicate scalp skin from the effects of free radicals, preventing the cells from loosening and making them more susceptible to infection. If your dandruff is caused by excessively dry skin, coconut oil will help prevent further moisture loss and remove flaking.
In other words, a unique cocktail of vitamins and minerals contained in the composition of coconut oil, not only effectively copes with dandruff, but also gently cares for hair giving them shine and shine.
6 Ways To Use Coconut Dandruff oil
Pure coconut oil
To get rid of unpleasant white scales once and for all, it is enough to rub a small amount of coconut oil into the scalp and hair before each wash. If possible, this should be done 30 minutes before washing, after wrapping the scalp and hair in a film and covering with a towel.
Then coconut oil will have enough time to maximize its beneficial qualities. To make coconut oil easier to spread over the surface of the head and better absorbed, it should be melted in a water bath until it is liquid. It is allowed to use such a mask for the night. The next morning, wash your hair thoroughly with a mild, silicone-free shampoo.
Coconut oil and lemon juice
To get rid of dandruff is also a very effective natural mask of coconut oil and lemon, which is easy to prepare at home. To do this, mix in a small container half a teaspoon of melted coconut oil with 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
Apply the mixture on the hair and gently massage the scalp for five minutes. Then wrap your hair with a towel. After 20 minutes, rinse with warm water and shampoo.
Coconut oil and fenugreek
To make this mask, you need 1 tablespoon of crushed fenugreek seeds and 4 tablespoons of organic cold-pressed coconut oil. Melt coconut oil in a water bath and add fenugreek seeds to it. Rub the mixture into the scalp of your skin, carefully massaging it.
Let the mask work for 2-3 hours, wearing a shower cap. After that, wash off the mask with a soft, silicone-free shampoo and gently dry the hair. The procedure should be repeated 2-3 times a week until the complete disappearance of dandruff.
Coconut oil and oregano oil
Mix 1 teaspoon oregano oil with 5 teaspoons of high quality melted coconut oil. Do not apply oregano oil on the scalp in its pure form, as it can cause irritation. Mix the essential oil well with coconut oil.
Apply the mixture of oils on the scalp with massage movements, paying particular attention to the roots. Leave the mask on the hair for 5-10 minutes, then wash it off with your regular shampoo. For best results, repeat the mask 2-3 times a week.
Coconut oil and rosemary oil
The mask with coconut oil and rosemary oil improves blood circulation in the scalp, saturating the hair with vitamins and other nutrients. To prepare the mask, you will need 2-3 tablespoons of melted coconut oil and 3-5 drops of rosemary essential oil.
Mix all the ingredients and apply a mask on the scalp and hair, then cover the head with a towel and leave for half an hour. After that, rinse hair well with shampoo.
Coconut oil, honey, yogurt, and olive oil
To make this hair mask, you need 2 tablespoons of melted coconut oil, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of honey and 3 tablespoons of yogurt.
Mix all ingredients well into medium sized dishes until smooth. Evenly wear a mask on your scalp and hair, put on a shower cap and wrap your head with a towel. Leave the mask on your hair for 1 hour, then wash your hair thoroughly with a mild, silicone-free shampoo.
How To Wash Coconut oil From Hair
Coconut oil is an excellent natural remedy that will help you strengthen the hair shafts, get rid of dandruff and add a healthy glow to your hair. However, this oil is very thick and greasy, so it is difficult to wash it off only with the help of water and shampoo.
To get rid of excess oil, try using dry hair products, such as dry shampoo, cornstarch, or baby powder. You can also apply indelible remedies, such as egg mix, lemon juice, or baking soda. When you wash your hair, these products will take coconut oil with you, leaving your hair clean and moisturized.
Wash your head with natural products.
- Wash off the oil with citric acid, which is contained in lemon juice. Squeeze the juice from 2 fresh lemons into a bowl, and then mix with 250 ml of water. Pour mixture of hair and scalp, wait a few minutes, and then rinse with warm water. This will help remove excess coconut oil.
- You can also add a few tablespoons of honey to the mixture to make the hair softer
- Add 1 teaspoon (5 ml) of aloe Vera gel to your regular shampoo. Rub the mixture into the hair and scalp until the foam is formed. Leave it to soak for 10–15 minutes, and then rinse. Coconut oil should go along with aloe vera gel and shampoo.
- Use egg mixture to remove oil and enrich hair with natural protein. Smash 2-3 eggs and pour into a bowl. Add 950 ml of water and mix until smooth. Pour dry hair with this mixture and rub. Leave to soak for 5–10 minutes, then rinse with cool water. Coconut oil should disappear by the time you finish washing off the mask.
- Do not use hot or even warm water to wash off the egg mixture, because egg white may curl in the hair due to high temperature. To avoid boiled eggs, make sure the water is cool.
- Make a paste of baking soda for the scalp. Mix 1–2 tablespoons (10–15 grams) of baking soda with enough water to form a thick paste. While the hair is dry, apply the paste on the roots and scalp. Focus on fatty areas, such as the crown. After you cover the fatty areas with a paste, wash it off with warm water. She should easily get off her hair and take coconut oil with her.
- Do not apply the paste on other areas of the hair, focus only on the scalp.
- Baking soda will react with coconut oil, but will not stick to your hair too much.
Quick tips to remove coconut oil from hair
- You can also use lightening shampoo, which is designed to remove fat from the hair.
- Always wash your head with at least warm water (only if you do not use egg mixture). Coconut oil hardens from cold water and is harder to wash off.
- Remember that in the case of coconut oil, even a drop can work wonders. If you start with a small amount and add more as needed, it will be much easier for you to wash the tool.
How to store coconut oil at home
Coconut oil is a completely natural product that does not contain any additives or preservatives. Not surprisingly, many people ask themselves how to store coconut oil at home. Coconut oil is different from other fats rather long shelf life.
It does not oxidize for a long time and does not run cold. But in order to keep the coconut oil fresh, certain conditions must be observed. What kind? Let’s talk about this in the article.
Can I store coconut oil in the fridge
Many have suggested that a refrigerator is the best place to store coconut oil. In fact, it is not. Each time you open a little air into the jar of coconut oil. It cools in the refrigerator, which results in the formation of condensate, which creates an excellent environment for the development of microbes and bacteria. A large amount of condensate can cause the oil to deteriorate quickly.
In addition, if you store the coconut oil in the refrigerator, it becomes too hard, and it becomes difficult to portion it. If the oil is stored in a kitchen cabinet at room temperature, it has a very delicate, creamy texture and is immediately usable.
Where to store coconut oil
Where is the best to store natural coconut oil? The longest remaining coconut oil is fresh when stored in a closed and cool place. In the cooler months, a kitchen cupboard is ideal for storage. It’s dark cool and dry – these are the best conditions for storing coconut oil. The oil container should always be closed.
If you use oil not only in cooking but also for cosmetic purposes, transfer part of the oil to another jar and store it in a bathroom cabinet.
To prolong the shelf life of unrefined coconut oil, it should not be stored in direct sunlight. This will avoid the oxidation and hydrolysis of fats, in other words, rancidity. Under the influence of light, oxygen, and moisture, oil can acquire an unpleasant taste and smell. At room temperature, condensation does not form.
When air temperature rises above 24 ° C, coconut oil thaws. This is completely normal and is not a sign of poor quality. Coconut oil can be stored both in solid and liquid form. If you are not satisfied with the liquid consistency, and there is no cooler room, for example, a cellar, put some oil in a separate dish. You can refrigerate this oil container and use it as quickly as possible.
Coconut oil storage conditions. What to look for
- The tank in which the coconut oil is stored must be clean. Anything that enters the bank from the outside can be an excellent breeding ground for pathogenic organisms and bacteria.
- Coconut oil should be stored in tightly closed jars and containers. In a sealed tank oil will not be afraid of even high humidity.
- Coconut oil should not be typed with a wet spoon to prevent moisture from entering the jar.
- Spoon or knife for portioning coconut oil must be clean. Do not take the oil with your hands!
- If there is an unpleasant smell or a sudden discoloration, the oil should be discarded immediately.
How long we can store coconut oil
When stored properly, coconut oil stays fresh for a long time. Coconut oil after opening is more than a year old, and it can be stored for several years in a closed jar.
But in order to guarantee to preserve all the useful properties of the product, try not to open several cans at the same time. If you use coconut oil for different purposes: as a cosmetic, in cooking or for pet care, put some oil in different containers, instead of holding a whole jar in each room. So coconut oil will stay fresh for a long time, and its quality will not suffer. Try not to make bulk purchases unnecessarily, but update stocks as you use them.
Conclusion: How to store coconut oil at home.
- Coconut oil should be stored at room temperature in a dark place in a sealed container.
- Coconut oil does not need to be stored in the refrigerator.
- Take a portion of the oil from the can only with a clean spoon.
- After using a jar of coconut oil should be immediately closed.
No matter what kind of hair mask with coconut oil against dandruff you choose, after a few treatments you will notice that the hair will become softer and more docile. Coconut oil removes redness of the scalp and effectively eliminates dandruff. It is important to remember that for maximum effect it should be applied regularly.
As you get rid of the symptoms of the disease, the intervals between treatments can be gradually increased. But even forgetting dandruff forever, you probably do not want to give up coconut oil – an excellent means for face, skin and hair care.